• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

"Trapped gas" feeling in gut... :(

TheAppleCore

Bluelighter
For quite awhile now, I will sometimes have this symptom for about 30-45 minutes after eating a meal, and it's seemingly totally random, and has little to do with what I eat.

After I finish the meal, I'll quickly begin to feel as though there's an intense pressure buildup in my stomach, as if I could relieve it with a large burp, but I can't seem to release the pressure in any such way. It can become extremely unpleasant. Also, my throat will start to produce a lot of mucus. Sometimes when it's really painful my head will start to feel almost feverish.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I would love to say goodbye forever to these horrible little stomach aches.

I don't know what you're eating, but I've found that food-combinations play a big role in how well you digest and feel after eating. Here are a couple charts:

chart.jpg

foodcombining%20(Small).jpg

Also, don't drink water within ~30 minutes of eating a meal, and maybe ~30 minutes after.

Finally, eating unhealthy food, and too much, too fast, generally makes me feel bloated and shitty for hours. If you eat healthy, and savor your food, you shouldn't have gassiness.

^ Thanks a lot for the charts. I was actually thinking of starting a "food combining" thread at some point, unless we already have one here in HL.

Eating junk food definitely isn't my problem. I'm mostly eating raw nowadays. Also very conscious of chewing thoroughly and eating slowly. But I haven't really been paying much attention to combinations, so that could certainly be the culprit.

Yeah, when I started doing raw I made it a point to look up combinations, and somebody here in HL showed me those charts.

It really does make a difference what you combine. I took it to the extreme and basically didn't combine anything (which sort of makes sense in a caveman, simplistic sort of way). Then again, when you're eating mostly raw, you have to be eating almost all the time, so it gets a little complicated...

This may sound very basic, but it sounds like yer "run of the mill" indigestion to me.

Have you tried any easy fixes like Tums or Pepto?

Even better... mix a teaspoon of baking soda in a 6 oz glass of water and drink it down fast. In less than a minute, you'll let out a good burp that relieves any gas in your stomach.